Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My favorite Mascaras & the purpose of Clear Mascara

I was specifically asked to write a blog on Clear Mascara! I have also been getting a lot of questions about what mascara I use. Honestly, I own 4 different kinds and switch off depending how dramatic I want my lashes to be. I'll be talking about my most favorite mascaras, as well as going over the purpose of clear mascara and which ones I feel are the BEST! I will be doing two SEPARATE blogs for this!
 SO, lets start with clear mascara...

  Clear Mascara:

Clear mascara gives your lashes a subtle lift and curl with out darkening them! It makes your lashes appear longer without looking like you're wearing makeup! You can wear the clear mascara by itself, or what I like to do, is put it on BEFORE my mascara so I create a nice shape, and then I will go over it with the black. Doing this makes your lashes appear longer, but not clumpy. I like to do this when I am going for a more natural look. You can also use clear mascara to shape your eyebrows! It acts as a gel to keep hairs in place, and really helps with shaping your brows! Here are my favorite clear mascaras:



Anastasia Beverly Hills Lash Genius:
Anastasia Beverly Hills is one of my all-time most FAVORITE brands! Period. She is a cosmetic GENIUS! Hence the Lash Genius...
The lash genius serves a few purposes: It's main purpose is to serve as a water-proof top coat. It is a clear, gel-like substance, that you apply to your lashes AFTER your mascara. It makes your mascara instantly waterproof! Which I LOVE because it's hard to find a waterproof mascara that doesn't flake and give you raccoon eyes! This product allows you to use your favorite non-waterproof mascara, without having to worry about it running or flaking.
The lash Genius can also be used on its own. This creates the look of longer lashes without adding any color. It just helps to curl and lengthen. Perfect for a day at the beach or by the pool, because it IS waterproof and looks like your natural lashes. You will emerge from the water with the beautiful, long lashes you jumped in with! This product runs at $21 and can be found at your local Sephora, or at http://www.sephora.com/lash-genius-waterproof




Sephora Collection Clear Defining Mascara:
The Sephora Collection Clear Defining Mascara defines, separates and enhances your lashes natural curl! The curve of the applicator helps to shape your lashes! This formula also helps to condition your lashes! So it is perfect to put on before bed, to be used as a night treatment! I love to put this under my mascara because the bristles prevent clumping, which allows a smoother mascara application! Awesome to use by itself for a natural look! Perfect for the Beach or by the pool because it will prevent smudging! This product runs for $12 and can be found at your local Sephora, or at http://www.sephora.com/clear-defining-mascara




Maybelline Great Lash in Clear:
Maybelline Great Lash is the perfect "dupe" for both the Anastasia, and Sephora clear mascara! This product will lift, separate and curl  your lashes, without adding any color! It is perfect to use before your mascara, because it will separate your lashes without leaving them clumpy! Great Lash can also be used on your brows! Excellent for shaping and keeping hairs in place. The only downside is that it is NOT waterproof! So it will wash off easily after being in water! This product runs for about $6 and can be found at your local drug store!





1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Emily!! A great overview of clear mascaras, and just what I needed. I'm going to try Sephora's brand. :-)

    Thanks for being my beauty guru!

    Love

    ReplyDelete