Thursday, March 21, 2013

The best BB creams


Beauty Balms (BB Creams)
BB Creams are the new hype in the cosmetic industry! For those of you who don't know about them yet, BB Creams are a great alternative to traditional foundation! They also have many benefits! Your BB Cream is a makeup, SPF, moisturizer and primer all in one! They are similar to a Tinted Moisturizer but have soothing and healing properties, as well as providing better coverage and longer-lasting results! I will often use my BB as a primer for my foundation, on those days I want extra coverage! Many Beauty Balms such as the ones I am about to show you, also have anti-aging benefits like: Collagen restoration; which contributes to the improvement of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as an increase in antioxidant activity due to skin-perfecting emollients! A BB Cream is a nice light-weight way to conceal and cover those little imperfections! 



*****STILA Stay All Day 10-in-one Illumination Beauty Balm (BB Cream) SPF 30
This BB Cream is definitely one of my go-to items for Summer because of the light-weight coverage and natural feel. I have tried so many different types of BB Creams and this one is BY FAR my top pick! I love this BB Cream because it self adjusts to your skin tone, so you don't have to be concerned about it not matching your skin; as opposed to other brands, where you NEED to be matched to a specific color. Out of all of the BB creams I've tried, this one has proven to be the best! Some BB creams claim to be self adjusting and really aren't, but this one definitely is! This product blends seamlessly with any skin color! This BB cream looks like your natural skin, but covers any imperfections and really evens out skin tone, as well as leaving your skin bright and dewey! It also contains an SPF of 30 which is essential for whiteys like myself! This product is Paraben, Sulfate, and Phthalates free so it is perfect for sensitive skin! You can find it at your local Sephora, or at http://www.sephora.com


****Dr. Brandt Flexitone BB Cream SPF 30
This BB Cream is also self adjusting, which will eliminate any skin-tone concern! Provides hydration while protecting the skin with it's SPF, and also acting as a makeup! This product helps smooth out fine lines and wrinkles and really helps brighten and lighten skintones! I recommend this one for women who are acne prone. This will be very gentle on your skin. When I'm breaking out, THIS is my go-to. I know that I won't be making my breakout worse because of the skin care benefits this provides. You can find Dr. Brandt's BB Cream at your local Spehora or at http://www.sephora.com

***Dr. Jart Water fuse Beauty Balm (BB Cream)
Made out of 50% water, so you really get a VERY natural, dewey look! I wouldn't recommend this for someone who is used to wearing a lot of makeup. Although it is a great product, the coverage is minimal, and it doesn't contain quite as many long-term skin care benefits as the previous two. Perfect for a day by the pool or at the beach, when you want to be as minimal as possible! You can find this product at your local Sephora, or at http://www.sephora.com

Drug-store Alternative::
 L'OREAL Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
In my opinion, this BB Cream is the best drug store BB Cream that I have tried. This product is essentially just a tinted moisturizer with a nice sunscreen. The coverage is extremely sheer. This BB cream does not self adjust, but the color match is pretty decent for my super fair skin. This BB cream comes in different shades and I wear the lightest one. The product is just a little darker than my skin tone, but it's so sheer that it will eventually adjust and blend seamlessly into your skin! This product can be found at your local Target or Walmart! 

3 comments:

  1. I've never used one, but after reading your blog, maybe I should! I think I will try it. :-)

    xoxo

    Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emiltree --
    Can you review clear mascaras? I want something for every day that isn't heavy or dramatic. I think clear mascara might be good.

    Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will do that next! Expect a post by tomorrow night! :)


    Em

    ReplyDelete